If you are coming by from Stephanie's blog then you are in the right place. If not, please feel free to start from the beginning at Courtney's blog and see all the wonderful things everyone has made with this cartridge.
So I've made something a little different :). It's not a card or even really a paper craft. It's a pretty little frosted candle holder!
I started with a plain inexpensive glass vase which I washed and dried very well so that I was starting with a clean surface. I used a sheet of Con-Tact paper and my Cricut Expression to cut 2 of the lacy flower design on page 63 of the cartridge book:
I peeled off the backing of the Con-Tact paper and placed the cut-outs on the front and back of the vase and applied a thick coat of etching cream to the entire vase. I waited 5 minutes, washed the etching cream off, removed the cut-outs and was left with the cute little pattern on the vase. I added some Smoothie coloured Designer ribbon and a grouping of three flowers made from the cartridge design on page 70:
I sponged the edges of the flowers with Smoothie ink and added little Opaques pearls to the centres. I've used a battery operated tealight and I'm thinking this would make a safe and very pretty little night light for my niece!
If you have any questions on how I made this project or about the cartridge please let me know (either in a comment below or send me an-email at email@example.com) and I'll get back to you asap! If you are interested in getting your hands on the Art Philosophy cartridge, which is only available from Close to my Heart, it's just one click away:
One last thing! Make sure you become a follower of my blog and leave a comment below and then check back here on Sunday to see if you've won the fabulous blog candy below that I'll be giving away to one lucky commenter!
If you get lost along the way here is the entire line up:
2. Brandy- http://www.canadianscrappers.blogspot.ca
3. Audrey- http://scrappingwithscrappy.blogspot.com
4. Amanda- http://ajcreationsfromtheheart.blogspot.com
5. Darla - http://www.stampingunderdoctorsorders.blogspot.com
6. Connie - http://conniescraftycloset.blogspot.com
7. Stephanie- http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com
YOU ARE HERE :)
9.Lucy - http://love2createitall.blogspot.com
10. Vanessa http://wwwpaperkraftsunlimiteddesings.blogspot.com/
11. Carol http://CarolLoftus.blogspot.com
12. Eva- http://www.loveofcreating.blogspot.com
13. Wendy K. http://www.myscrapbookingblog.com
14. Michelle http://www.myflightsoffancy.com/blog
15. Gloria - http://www.purpleglocreations.blogspot.com
16. Chrissy - http://www.chrissycurtiscrafts.blogspot.com
17. Ann Marie Lessner - www.creativeramblings345.blogspot.com
18. Michelle Degnan Powell - http://scrappinprincess-michelle.blogspot.com/